FO: Speckle Monkeys, Take Two

A lot of people were fond of the Monkey Socks I made out of that Knit Picks Hawthorne Speckle yarn last year, including my good friend Eli.  Even though this yarn isn't my first choice in the softness category, I'll have to admit that it made some cute socks.  Eli deserves cute socks, so I did it again. 



This time I tried a variation on the Monkeys pattern, called No Purl Monkeys, which is pretty much the same pattern, you just ignore where it tells you to purl and knit those stitches instead.  I don't have strong feelings one way or another about which variation I prefer.  They both look nice and the pattern is insanely simple, with or without purling.  There is no bad here.


yarn details
Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering in Jupiter Speckle
Fingering Weight
Dye Lot 27216
80% Superwash Fine Highland Wool, 20% Polyamide (Nylon)
Machine wash/Tumble dry low
$10.99 per 100 g /357 yd skein (purchased in January 2018)

project details
pattern: "No Purl Monkeys" by Cookie A (details on Ravelry)
needles: size 1.5 (2.5mm) nickel-plated circ (magic loop)
gauge: nope
yarn used: 310 yards - 0.87 skeins
finished size: bottom of heel flap to top of cuff: 7.75"; back of heel flap to tip of toe: 9.75"; leg circumference: ~7.5".
duration: May 27, 2018 - July 4, 2018

notes

Labels: , , , , , ,