FO: Graphically Gray Baby Blanket

You know how much I love to knit baby blankets, so it must be someone special who prompts me to do it! I made this one for my boss's new bundle of joy, Violet.  (Had I known her name before I started knitting, I absolutely would have incorporated some purple into the mix!) 

Speaking of color, I asked what color the nursery was going to be and I got back a mix of gray and white with pink accents.  I couldn't stomach the boredom of making a fully gray baby blanket, so I decided to try this chevron design, which turned out pretty cute:


I used Knit Picks Comfy yarn here, which is the only yarn I will ever use for baby blankets - it is SO soft and durable in the wash.  I first used it to make a blanket for my niece and it has become her official blankie, goes everywhere and has held up.  Her mom recently told me, "whatever you paid for that yarn, it was worth its weight in gold." 

Anyway, here's an "action shot" of the chevron blanket with the adorable squishmallow that my boss gave me, as a thank you for stitching up his toddler's favorite stuffie when he got ripped.  (In case you haven't picked up on this, my boss and I are total bffs... lucky me! Nothing worse than having a bad boss!)




yarn details
Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in White, Whisker (gray), and Flamingo (pink)
Worsted Weight
75% Pima Cotton 25% Acrylic
Machine Wash Gentle / Tumble Dry Low
$2.99 per 50 g/109 yd skein (purchased in November 2017)

project details
pattern: "Graphically Gray" by Wilma Peers in the book 60 Quick Baby Blankets (I got it used for about $6 on Amazon)
needles: size 6 and 7 nickel-plated circs (see note below)
gauge: I actually did check the gauge here, but I forgot to write it down
yarn used: 3.4 balls of Whisker (368 yards);  3.2 balls of White (342 yards); 0.5 balls of Flamingo (52 yards)
finished size: about 29'' wide (that's all I wrote in my notes, not sure why I didn't measure length? But I believe it was roughly square)
duration: February 2, 2018 - April 14, 2018

notes

Labels: , , , ,