FO: Treasured Baby Blanket

Here it is, my latest and greatest baby blanket.....  It's not my finest work, but it will do.  The last baby blanket I knit was very complicated, so I decided I would do something easier this time, but I think I over-corrected and selected a pattern that was way too easy... all that garter stitch got wicked boring after about two panels.  I know I say this all the time.... but...  I should have just quit and frogged right there on panel two when I realized it wasn't the right project for me, rather than force myself to go through with it.*


And here is a picture of it all laid out. I wish you could feel how soft the yarn is!!


yarn details
Knit Picks Comfy Sport in Honeydew
Dye Lot 2486
sport weight
75% pima cotton, 25% acrylic
machine wash/tumble dry low
50 grams/136 yds @ $2.99 each


project details
pattern: "Treasured Heirloom Baby Blanket" by Lion Brand Yarn (available for free here).
needles: size 8 circulars
gauge: forgot to check... oops!
yarn used: 843 yards (6.2 balls)
finished size: about 39'' square, after blocking
duration: July 19, 2012 - January 26, 2013


notes


*Incidentally, the same observation applies to my experience in law school.  Should have dropped out after the first year when I had the chance....


Labels: ,