FO: Salad Socks

I'm so in love with the Sock Surgeon's Afterthought Heel sock pattern - after I used it to knit my Christmas Socks I was hooked.  It's no secret that I adore self-striping yarn and this is hands-down the best pattern I have found for showing it off!  (Specifically, I adore the elusive Knit Picks Felici, of which I have accrued a massive stash).

So, here are my salad socks!  I made these really tall, they are super fun.


And there is the sock surgery madness:



yarn details
Knit Picks Felici in Spring Mix
Fingering Weight
Dye Lot 26812
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
Machine wash/Tumble dry low
$5.49 per 50 g /218 yd ball

project details
pattern:" A Sock Surgeon's Afterthought Heel" by Emily B. Miller; available as a free Ravelry download!  And it has an accompanying YouTube video.
needles: size 2 wood dpns
gauge: 35 stitches 44 rows over 4'' in stockinette
yarn used: 348.8 yards - about 80% of each ball
size knit: CO 64 stitches
finished size: bottom of heel to top of sock - 12''; back of heel to tip of toe: 9''; circumference: 7.5''
duration: January 7, 2016 - August 7, 2016

notes:

Labels: , , , ,