FO: Winter Garden Socks

When I wanted to learn sock knitting, I bought the fabulous book Knit Socks by Betsy Lee McCarthy.  I used this book to make my very first pair of socks and a couple pairs of the Classy Slip Up Socks.  I can't say enough great things about this book - I think it's a great place to get started with sock knitting, if you learn well from books.

I always thought the Winter Garden Socks were the most beautiful socks in this book, but they looked so difficult that I never thought I would have the skill to make them.  But then, one day, I was like, "hey!  I'm an awesome sock knitter - I can make them now!"  And I did.

So, here are my gorgeous socks:



yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll in Peapod, Dusk, and White
dye lots: 63628, 40845, 44970
fingering weight
75% Merino 25% Nylon
machine wash & dry
231 yards / 50 grams @ $4.69 each

project details
pattern: "Winter Garden" by Betsy Lee McCarthy in Knit Socks
needles: 1.5 (2.5mm) wooden dpns
gauge: 31st and 42 rows over 4'' in stockinette
yarn used: 101 yards Peapod, 111 yards Dusk, 101 yards White
duration: November 2013 - July 2015 (took a long break from these...)

notes:




Labels: , , , ,