Maybe Monday: Pleated Vest

I'm loving this pleated vest designed by Amy O'Neill Houck for Blue Sky Alpacas!

{pleated vest designed by Amy O'Neill Houck for Blue Sky Alpacas, $9}

I often shy away from knitting garments for myself because they are such a huge time investment and I find that I don't get as much wear out of them as I do out of knitted socks and accessories, but this vest might be a good option.  It won't be as much of a time commitment, and it's something I could wear year-round, increasing the odds of it actually getting worn.  I also love the shape.  It reminds me of the Mrs. Darcy cardigan and Bluebell, two of my favorite pieces I have knit for myself.

The only thing I don't love is that it's knit out of two strands of sport weight yarn held together.  That's sort of weird, right?  I don't want to do that because it means I would have to buy twice the amount of yarn as I would if it was knit out of a worsted or bulky weight yarn to begin with.  So, that's a modification I would have to make.  I'd probably try my best to knit it out of a worsted, because a vest knit out of a bulky weight yarn sounds... well, bulky.

Labels: ,