FO: Purple People Eater

Yet another adorable Fresh Stitches design slid off my hook recently - it's the super cute one-eyed, one-horned, flying Purple People Eater!!


I bought this pattern on a whim back in December, but never got around to starting it until last month. This was actually a really good project - just a little bit challenging to keep things interesting!  I would say it's one of the more difficult amigurumis I have crocheted - there were just a lot of little pieces to crochet and assemble, plus a bunch of color changes.  Luckily, the color change for the yellow tummy was exactly the same as what I did for Nelson the Owl, so I already had that skill under my belt.

Anyway, here are some booty shots:

yarn details
Knit Picks Brava in Eggplant, Canary, and Black
100% Acrylic
machine wash/tumble dry low
100g / 218 yds @ $2.99 per ball

findings
polyfill stuffing

project details
pattern: "Purple People Eater" by Stacey Trock, $4, available in Stacey's shop.
finished size: 7'' tall (not including the horn...which would make him 8''), 7'' wide at widest part
hook: 5mm H hook
gauge: 10 st and 11 rows in single crochet over 2''
yarn used: this is very approximate, but.... 109 yds of Eggplant and less than 72 yds of Canary; negligible amounts of the white and black yarn.
duration: September 20, 2013 - October 3, 2013

notes

Labels: , , , ,