FO: Nelson the Owl

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore Stacey Trock's super cute amigurumi designs??  Well, I do!  So far I have only made her tiny animals, but this is my first shot at one of her bigger, cuddlier creatures: Nelson the Owl!!  Seriously, how adorable is he??


I purchased a Craftsy workshop to make this owl and I think it was a pretty useful tool.  I probably could have figured it all out just using one of Stacey's patterns, but I got the workshop on sale for $7.99, so it was only a few extra bucks.  If you are a beginner to amigurumi, I'd recommend the workshop (or, even better, one of Stacey's full Craftsy courses).  If you have already made a few amigurumis, I'd say you can skip the workshop, unless you get it on sale like I did, then, go for it!

yarn details
worsted weight acrylics in grey, white, green, and gold

findings
12mm safety eyes
polyfill stuffing

project details
pattern:  "Nelson the Owl" by Stacey Trock; available as a Craftsy Workshop, or as a pattern in Stacey's shop.
finished size: apprx 7'' tall and 5'' wide
hook: 4.25mm G hook
gauge: 11 st and 11 rows in single crochet (can you believe I actually measured that for you??)
yarn used:  I have no idea.... not much.
duration:  June-August, 2013

notes

Labels: , , , , ,