New Socks on the Needles

I cast on a new pair of socks this weekend - this is a pair for my wonderful Aunt Carol.  I want to knit her socks because she has little feet, so they won't take very long to finish.... lol.  Just kidding, I want to knit her socks because she rocks.

I considered using the Seaweed Socks pattern for these socks, but I really didn't want to do lace because I want these to be cozy warm socks she can wear around the house on chilly fall mornings.....  I knew I didn't want to knit yet another pair of Jaywalkers, and I considered doing another Nine to Five or maybe even another pair of Classy Slip-Up Socks...  but I just wasn't feeling any of those options.  So, I hit Ravelry and used their advanced search to scour non-lacey sock patterns.  Well, it turns out that unless I wanted to knit something super boring.... I was in cable territory.  This made me a little anxious because I have a fear of cabling.  Something about it just seems so slow and fiddly.  Nevertheless, I decided to face my fear and forge ahead.  I picked the Business Casual pattern because the simple lines remind me of my aunt's simple style.

Here's what I have so far.  I'm loving them and they are knitting up faster than I suspected, even though I'm fiddling with a cable needle.


Labels: , , ,