Maybe Monday: Seaweed Socks

I'm back with Maybe Monday, my sometimes-weekly feature where I show off a pattern I am thinking about knitting.  This week's "Maybe" is more like a "Definitely" because it's already listed as #1 in my Ravelry queue!  I'm talking about the gorgeous Seaweed Socks by Wendy Knits.  Here are Wendy's pics:


And here's a close-up of the lace pattern:


What do you think?  Pretty, huh?  I've been looking for a pattern for socks to knit for my Aunt Carol.  I was tempted to just knit another pair of Monkeys, but it might be nice to try something new.  My only concern is that she might appreciate a non-lacey sock because they are warmer, but the only patterns I can find that are looking interesting to me lately are lacey.  Maybe it's because it's hot out.  Who knows?

So....

Why I might knit these socks:  I love the pretty lace pattern and it looks like it is probably easy enough to memorize for some TV-knitting.  Also, I bought a nice tonal yarn for my Aunt's socks and I think this pattern will really show off the subtle variations in color well.  Oh, and the pattern is FREE!  Sweet!

Why I might not knit these socks:  They are toe-up, which isn't my preferred sock-knitting style, but I can deal.  I saw some people on Ravelry have converted the pattern to a cuff-down version, but that sounds like it could lead to a headache for me.

Labels: ,