Nouveau Projet!

I was exploring Pinterest yesterday and found this beauty:

Mousseux, by Organdi Bidouille
{link to project on Ravelry}
{link to pattern steps 1, 2, and 3}

Isn't she lovely?  I've been looking around for a nice shawl to make my mother (since I don't like the one I already made her, or the one I started to replace it) and this is definitely the one.

The only problem is... the pattern is in French.  There is a loose English translation, and pictures, so I have no doubt that I will be able to get by, but the frustrating thing is that everyone's notes and comments are in French, particularly the notes and comments on the version pictured above, which I want to copy.  Now, theoretically, I speak French, so I've managed to decipher a lot of what is going on (with some additional help from google translate, of course!)  But, it has all been a little headache inducing... and I still can't quite figure out the yarn situation of the above-pictured shawl.  It is definitely a mohair lace-weight yarn carried along with another yarn, as I can see in the designer's WIP pic:


I have no idea what that mystery yarn is, but I made an executive decision that I am going to use a fingering weight yarn and carry it along with the Knit Picks Aloft yarn that I already have in my stash.  I picked up some Brown Sheep Nature Spun Fingering at the LYS yesterday (the colorway is called "Pepper"!) and I swatched it all up last night on size 10 needles and I like the results, so that's what I'm doing.  C'est décidé.

Labels: ,