FO: Piggy DS Cozy

The first time I opened Stitch 'n Bitch Nation I absolutely loved the Mobile Monsters cosies. I've had it in the back of my mind to knit the little piggy one for some electronic device for a long time, but I've put it off. I eventually decided to knit one for my Nintendo DS and I found this yarn on sale last Spring so I decided to go for it. Like many projects, it sat around in the back of my mind for half a year before I cast on for it. Then I knit it in like a day, but it took me a whole month to buy the damn button for the nose. (Actually, I'm impressed it was only a month and not another half year!)

I think it turned out darling and now my DS is going to be protected from scratches! Form and function. Can't get better than that. Here's a booty shot:


yarn details

Patons Be Mine in Plushy Pink
dye lot 175407
100% Nylon
bulky weight
machine wash
50 grams/89 yds @ $3.99
purchased 3/08

findings
pink button, 89 cents at Windsor Button

pattern details
pattern: "Mobile Monsters" by M.K. Carroll in Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, pg. 230
needles: size 5 dpns
gauge: 4.4 sts x 7.5 rows per inch in garter stitch
size: 3'' wide x 5.25'' tall x 0.75'' deep
yarn used: about half the ball
started: October 2008
finished: November 2008
total cost: about $3

notes...

Labels: , ,