FO: Sheldina

It's Sheldina! She's pink, she's sassy, and she's gonna take Sheldon for the ride of his life! (Sorry, been reading too many Harlequins....)



yarn details

knit picks shine sport in blush and orchid

sport weight

60% pim
a cotton, 40% modal
50g/110 yd per ball @ $2.49 each


findings
9 mm black eyes from Zims
(note: I am making this as a gift for my niece so I went back to Zims and purchased the appropriate safety eyes. Sheldon just has button-style eyes sewed on.
)
polyfill

project details
pattern: "Sheldon" by Ruth Homrighaus found here: http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTsheldon.html
needles: dpns in 3, straights in 4
hook: D
hours: shall we calculate this in months? FOREVER!
total cost: ~$5

notes:
- I planned to put a bow on her head, but it just looked stupid. There is really nowhere logical to put a bow. I don't want to be like one of those moms that glues a bow to her bald baby's head.
- Sheldina is a considerably smaller gauge than Sheldon. I have no idea why. I am positive that I used the correct needle size on her, so maybe I accidentally used larger needles on Sheldon. Or, theory #2: I am so stressed out in law school that the tension of my knitting has changed drastically.
- Placement of those safety eyes is key. Ones you snap those suckers into place they are never coming off.
- Still in love with the shine sport, although I am frustrated that it comes out of the center-pull in clumps and I constantly have to deal with it. I listen to Kelly Petkin's podcasts (founder of Knit Picks) and she said that the shinier/slipperier your yarn is, the less likely it's going to stay in a center-pull ball. She suggested typing a string tightly at the top to narrow the opening and help prevent a big clump from coming out. Maybe I'll try that next time.

P.S. Roxy hates Sheldina. I think she is jealous because she wants Sheldon all to herself. Little does she know there is a bun in the oven....

Labels: , ,