FO: FLX Steps

I absolutely fell in love with this self-striping yarn colorway from White Birch Fiber Arts and had to scoop it up immediately after seeing it pop up on her instagram feed.  Seriously... I was waiting in line in an airport food court and had the yarn ordered by the time I got to the register.  It was a bit of a splurge at $39, but totally worth it.  Plus, the name is "May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor" - how cool is that?

I knitted a good chunk of these socks during a roadtrip to the Finger Lakes, hence why I've called them FLX Steps.  As I worked on them, I just couldn't get my friend Katie out of my head, the colors just reminded me so much of her, so she is the lucky recipient of these gems.

Self Striping Sock Yarn Afterthought Heel

yarn details
White Birch Fiber Arts 75/25 SW Merino Nylon Self-Striping in May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor
Fingering Weight
75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon
Machine wash; lay flat to dry
$39.00 per 100 g /462 yd skein

project details
pattern:" A Sock Surgeon's Afterthought Heel" by Emily B. Miller; available as a free Ravelry download - with an accompanying YouTube video.
needles: size 1.5 nickel-plated circs (Addi Turbos)
gauge: 17 stitches & 23 rows over 2'' in stockinette (after blocking)
yarn used: 318 yards - 69% of skein (69 grams)
size knit: CO 64 stitches
finished size: bottom of heel to top of sock: 10''; back of heel to tip of toe: 9.25''; circumference: ~7''
duration: September 9 2017 - February 11, 2018

notes

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,