FO: Simple Skyp Socks

I bought this yarn a long time ago, back when I was utterly obsessed with tonals, and I've been saving it to make a nice pair of men's socks, but I never got around to doing that... until this summer when my Aunt Brenda suggested that I make a pair of socks for my Uncle Jeff.  I loved the idea of making him a gift and knew this yarn would be perfect!

I liked this pattern.  It was super easy to memorize, which was great because I knit a lot of it while traveling* and I didn't have to keep consulting a chart all the time -- it's always nice to have some mindless projects like that on the needles.  I also enjoyed this pattern for men's socks.  It had enough going on to keep it interesting, but nothing so fancy that a man wouldn't want to wear them.  It has a good balance.

*side note: I usually don't take magic loop socks traveling with me because the cables fly out every which way on your sides...  but in this instance, I worked on them in the hotel room and stuff, not on the plane. :)

Simple Skyp Socks

yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Train Station
Fingering Weight
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
Machine wash/Tumble dry low
$10.99 per 100 g/462 yd skein (purchased in November 2014)

project details
pattern: "Simple Skyp Socks" by Adrienne Ku, free to download on Ravelry.
size made: M
needles: size 2 (2.75mm) nickle plated circ
gauge: 17 st and 22 rows = 2'' in stockinette (unblocked)
yarn used: 351 yards - 0.76 skein
finished size: bottom of heel flap to top of cuff: 9"; back of heel flap to tip of toe: 11.25"; leg circumference: ~7" (but it's a rib)
duration: August 26, 2017 - November 12, 2017

Labels: , , , , , , ,