FO: Berry Patch Socks

Time for yet another pair of Sock Surgeon's Afterthought Heel Socks in Knit Picks Felici.  Yes, I love this yarn and technique!  I always have a pair in progress.

One thing I especially love about these socks is that they are perfect for gift giving.  You can knit the whole base of the sock without knowing who they need to fit.  I had these ready for quite a while, knowing I wanted to gift them to someone, but not knowing who.  When I decided that I wanted to give them to my old college roomie, it was so easy to just get her shoe size and pop the heel in.  (Actually, I still remembered her shoe size... 13 years later. Now that's friendship, haha.)

Without further ado, here are the socks:

Socks with with self striping yarn.

I did a little mismatching on the heel:

Striped socks - knit picks felici.

And this part always amazes people... the big snip!

inserting an afterthought heel

yarn details
Knit Picks Felici in Blackberry Jam
Fingering Weight
Dye Lot 46554
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
Machine wash/Tumble dry low
$5.49 per 50 g /218 yd ball

project details
pattern:" A Sock Surgeon's Afterthought Heel" by Emily B. Miller; available as a free Ravelry download!  And it has an accompanying YouTube video.
needles: size 2 wood dpns
gauge: 16 stitches 19.5 rows over 2'' in stockinette
yarn used: 322.6 yards - about 75% of each ball
size knit: CO 64 stitches
finished size: bottom of heel to top of sock - 10.25''; back of heel to tip of toe: 10''
duration: January 10, 2017 - July 3, 2017

Labels: , , , , , ,