FO: Blackbaud Booties

I work with a brilliant woman who is working magic on our database at work.  I was both excited and sad when I learned she was expected.  Excited, because, duh,; babies = happy news.  But sad, because it meant she would go on maternity leave!!  haha.  Anyway, our database is a Blackbaud product, so there are my Blackbaud Booties!

I was such a fan of the Rainbow Steps Baby Booties I made last year so I decided to whip up another pair.  I got some flack that the original pair was super tiny, so I made these ones on size 2 needles so they'd be a little bigger.  (This messed up the stripe sequence a bit, but I managed).

Rainbow Baby Booties

And, for the naysayers, proof this pair will actually fit a baby:



yarn details
Knit Picks Felici in Rainbow (24194)
dye lot 46549
fingering weight
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
Machine Wash, Tumble Dry Low
218 yards / 50 grams @ $5.49 each

project details
pattern: "Blue Steps - Baby Booties" by Regina Willer (free on her blog); used the rewritten version by hellahelan  (on her project page on Ravelry)
needles: size 2 wood dpns
yarn used: about 20% of each ball - a little more than 74 yards total (I forgot to make exact measurements... oops!)
gauge: again, forgot to measures
finished size: ...guess what?
duration: March 11, 2017 - April 2, 2016

notes

Labels: , , , , , ,