FO: Girl on Fire Socks

Found these socks while browsing Ravelry last Spring.  I think I may have been in the middle of watching the Hunger Games movies, so the name attracted me to stop and look at the pattern.  It took me a while to get it on the needles, but when I added this glittery red yarn to my stash, I knew it would be perfect.

Unfortunately, I was well into the leg of the sock when I realized that the cast on was a little snug on my calf (I'm the girl who has to buy those special wide boots...)  I decided to give these to my lovely friend Jill, who has normal sized calves.

Fun socks to knit and a fun gift for a friend.  Done, and done!


yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in Pomegranate
Fingering Weight
Dye Lot 74780
70% Merino, 25% Nylon, 5% Metallic
machine wash, lay flat to dry
$5.89 per 231 yard / 50 gram ball (minus a Black Friday discount) (purchased in November 2016)

project details
pattern: "Girl on Fire" by Cookie A; available to purchase for $6.50 on Ravelry
needles: size 1.5 (2.5mm) wood dpns
yarn used: 1.36 skeins (314 yards)
size knit: medium (CO 63 st)
finished size: 9'' from top of cuff to bottom of heel flap; 9'' from back of heel to tip of toe; 7.5'' in circumference around leg.
duration: December 24, 2016 - February 4, 2017

notes

Labels: , , , , , , ,