FO: Silverplait Socks

These socks were much more simple to knit than they look!  I had a lot of fun with them!  I did these without a cable needle -- I didn't need one for the two side cables and I positioned the center cable at the join of my dpns so I could use the spare dpn as if it were the cable needle when I reached the join in that area.  (Hard to explain this concept, but it's easy if you have it in your hands!)


I'm not in love with this yarn, I have to say.  It's just not as soft as I'd like it to be.  Definitely not scratchy, but I guess I would use to describe it is "stiff".  That said, I got some awesome Beyond Soft fabric softener at Knit Picks and it worked like a dream in the blocking stage to soften up the yarn.  They are still not as soft as creations out of my beloved Stroll, but definitely much better than nothing!  Anyway, so the yarn isn't horrible, but I would probably not buy it again....  but it's not bad for $3.00 a skein.

This picture is a little more true to the color of the socks...  they are a very pretty blue!



yarn details
Cloudborn Fibers Highland Superwash Sock Twist in Dolphin Blue
Fingering Weight
Dye Lot 19-0
80% Wool, 20% Nylon
machine wash, lay flat to dry
$3.00 per 178 yard / 50 gram skein (purchased in August 2016)

project details
pattern: "Silverplait" by Ariel Altaras; available to purchase for $5 on Ravelry
needles: size 1.5 (2.5mm) wood dpns
yarn used: 1.9 skeins (338 yards)
size knit: medium (CO 70st)
finished size: top of cuff to end of bottom of heel flap: 8.5''
duration: October 6 - Dec 24, 2016

notes


Labels: , , , , ,