I had seen the Brooklyn Mitts pattern on Ravelry and added it to my queue, but didn't ever do anything with it. Then one day I was browsing Craftsy and the pattern was offered as a kit* for a great price, so I decided to buy it. Still... the supplies sat in my stash for a while before I cast on (what else is new?)
This was a fun pattern with lots of cool techniques and I'm glad that I made these mitts. Of course, I'll probably never wear them! I just don't ever seem to wear the other pairs of mitts I've made. There is a local knitting group that collects knitted items for an auction every Fall and they donate the proceeds to support the homeless. Perhaps I'll donate these to that cause when the time rolls around?
Anyway, here are the mitts!
And, just for fun... the insane blocking process:
Cascade 220 Superwash Sport Yarn in Summer Sky Heather and Silver Grey
dye lots 138027 & 140150, respectively
100% Superwash Merino Wool
50 g/ 136.7 yds @ about $3 per skein (purchased as part of a kit*)
machine wash cool; tumble dry low
pattern: Brooklyn Boot Liners & Mitts by Pam Powers (available to download on Craftsy* or Ravelry for $7; kit with pattern and yarn* is currently available on Craftsy for $12.25)
needles: size 3 nickle plated dpns and size 4 nickle plated circs
gauge: 28 st and 36 rows over 4'' in stockinette (blocked)
yarn used: 130 yards of the blue (78% of skein) and 63 yards of the grey (38% of skein)
finished size: 7.5'' tall; 6.5'' circumference at ribbing on wrist
duration: August 21, 2015 - March 5, 2016
*Heads up! All the links to Craftsy are affiliate links. Gotta bring in the yarn money somehow!