FO: TicTac Toes Socks

I was so excited the first time I saw these socks advertised on Knit Picks, so I bought the yarn and pattern immediately!  Then....  the supplies lingered in my stash for longer than I care to admit before I finally got the courage to start them.  I have never done a fair isle project quite this extensive before and I kept putting it off.  Anyway, in the end, it wasn't that hard at all and I love the result!  Yay!


I love how these have so many colors in them, but I only had to use two yarns: one solid and one variegated.  It looks so much more impressive and difficult then it really is.  (At least to non-knitters).  I usually don't like short row heels, but these ones didn't turn out bad.  Maybe I am getting better at them.  Usually mine are bumpy and holey and no fun.

yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll in Black
dye lot 51529
fingering weight 
75% Merino 25% Nylon 
machine wash & dry 
231 yards / 50 grams @ $4.69 each

Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Painted in Cartoons
dye lot 33511
fingering weight 
75% Merino 25% Nylon 
machine wash & dry 
462 yards / 100 grams @ $10.99 each

project details

pattern: "TicTac Toes"by Camille Chang, available for $1.99 on Knit Picks (great deal!)
needles: size 2 nickle-plated circs
yarn used: 101.6 yards Cartoons (0.22 skein), 272.6 yards Black (1.18 balls)
duration: August 1, 2015 - January 24, 2016

notes

Labels: , , ,