FO Fail: Owl Apple Cozy

I tried to make this adorable apple cozy, but it was a big fail.  My owl looks cute, but it is way too small to fit an apple inside.  Sad!  The pattern didn't list a gauge, so that was her bad.  But, also, I knew fairly early into the project that it looked a little small and I never stopped and put a test apple inside, so it was my bad too.  Anyway, here is my cute owl that will cozy up nothing:



yarn details
Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Sea Spray
Lion Brand Lion Cotton in Morning Glory Blue
worsted weight
100% cotton

findings:
orange felt
scraps of white and black acrylic yarn for the eyes

project details
pattern: Owl Apple Cozy by Kara Gunza, available for free here
hook: H (5.0mm)
gauge: apprx 5 rounds= 2'' diameter circle (this was way too small)

notes:

Labels: , , ,