FO: Gato Mishto, a.k.a. Flu Cat

This spring my boyfriend got hit hard with the flu.  He was dreadfully sick and I was so worried about him that I stayed home from work to take care of him.  Only, it turns out that I really didn't want to be anywhere near him for fear that I would catch the flu myself, so I spent most of my day locked away in the girl cave crocheting this darling cat.  (Of course, dutifully checking in on him every couple of hours).


I discovered this pattern on Pinterest and the fun part is that the whole thing was written in Spanish.  I tried running it through google translate, but it didn't really work, so I sort of just looked at the numbers in the pattern and then used the pictures to figure out the rest.

The best thing about the pattern is that the pattern writer compares this cat to Ashton Kutcher in ways that translate to English hilariously!  I had to call in some Spanish speaking friends to try to help but the best we could come up with is that, from the front, this cat is cute like Ashton Kutcher.  And, from the back, it is cute like an indifferent Ashton Kutcher (you know, because he is turning his back on you).  So, here is flu cat's darling indifferent side:



yarn details
Red Heart Soft Baby Steps in White
worsted weight
100% Acrylic
256 yards /141 grams @ $3.11

findings
polyfill stuffing
pink felt
pink embroidery floss
8mm or possibly 9mm safety eyes (my package is not labeled)

project details
pattern: "Sam the Koala" by Stacey Trock, $4, available here or on Ravelry
finished size: 5” tall to tips of ears; 9.5” in circumference
hook: G (4.25 mm)
gauge: ??
yarn used: 0.23 skeins (59 yards)
duration: March 4, 2015

Labels: , ,