FO: Sugar Maple Shawl

I wanted to make something special for my Grandma for her 100th birthday and I thought a shawl would be lovely, but I sort of waited until the last minute to get started, so I had to choose my pattern carefully.  I used Ravelry's awesome pattern browsing feature to look for shawls knit with bulky yarn on big needles and I found this lovely pattern, the Sugar Maple Shawl.  At first I wanted to stashbust, but I didn't have enough of the right yarn, so I ordered this yarn from Knit Picks and paid for expedited shipping... that was a first for me!  But I wanted to get started quickly.

You'll have to forgive me, I wasn't so great at getting pictures of this FO, but.....

Here is a closeup of the lace pattern:


And here is the shawl on the blocking board:


And here is the shawl on my Grandma at her birthday party!


yarn details
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Bulky in Mineral Heather
dye lot 156256
bulky weight 
100% wool (superwash)
machine wash & tumble dry low
137 yds / 100 g @ $7.39 per skein

project details 
pattern: "Sugar Maple Shawl" by Suzanne Stewart, available for purchase on Ravelry for $6
needles: size 11 nickle-plated circs
gauge: I didn't check, sorry
yarn used: 4.02 skeins (551 yards)
finished size: forgot to take final measurements before giving it to Grandma
duration: November 2 - December 6, 2014

Labels: , ,