FO: Koolhaas II

Stashbusting alert!  I had a spare skein of Silk 'n Wool left over from my Back to School Vest.  I used to see this yarn every time I went through my stash and think, "This yarn is cool.  I should make a hat with it..."  Also, every time I would wear my Koolhaas hat I would think, "This hat is cool, I should make another one..."  And one day I finally put the two thoughts together and this hat was born.

yarn details
Moda Dea Silk 'n Wool Blend in Pewter
85% wool, 15% silk
worsted weight
hand wash cold and dry flat
cost: 80 g / 154 yds @ $4.19

project details
pattern: "Koolhaas" by Jared Flood, Interweave Knit Gifts 2007, pdf version available for purchase on Ravelry or on the Brooklyn Tweed website for $7 or on the Interweave Online Store for $4.50 (that is where I got mine many years ago)
needles: size 5 and size 7 nickle-plated circulars
gauge: gauge is so hard to measure here- but my best guess is 24 stitches and 32 rows over 4” in lattice pattern on size 7 needles (FYI: pattern gauge called for 26 st and 30 rows, but I didn't swatch.  I'm a rebel.)
yarn used: 1 skein
finished size: 7” tall and apprx 16” in circumference at brim
duration: Dec 31, 2014 - January 3, 2015

notes

Labels: , ,