Hello 2015!

My poor little blog, I'm sorry I sort of abandoned you last month.  You know how the holidays can get... but I'm back, for today at least!  Let's make it count!

I've been busy clicking away at a few projects: my tweed business casual socks, a new pair of stripey jaywalkers, a mystery animal, two blankets, and a hat!  Whoah!  See why I've been too busy to blog?

I'm really loving the new jaywalkers that I casted on right before I went away for Christmas so I would have something to knit on the plane.  I scored a ton of felici yarn when Knit Picks brought it back for their Black Friday sale, and this is one of the colorways I snagged: Time Traveler.  It has sort of a neat vintagey feel to it, no?


I also made another Koolhaas hat out of a blackish-grey tweed yarn I had in my stash.  I marathon-knitted it over the New Year's weekend.  I don't have any pics to share, but I'll get some eventually.  Here is a progress pic I took when I was just a few inches into it:


My brother and his wife are expecting another baby this Spring, so I've also been working on a baby blanket for my new niece.  At first I wanted to make her the popular Owl Obsession blanket (which I also snagged the yarn for at the Black Friday sale), but I got one owl into it and realized that it was sort of a stupid idea to make a baby blanket out of 100% wool, so I went back to the drawing board.  I am now making an awesome rainbowy blanket instead - it's going to be fabulous!  I received the box of yarn for it yesterday and the colors are amazing. Can't wait!

Well, that has you sort of caught up on my happenings.  Until next time...  keep knitting!


Labels: ,