FO: Footie Socks

I was drawn to this pattern for footie socks because my mother lives in Southern California and, while she loves to receive hand knit socks from me, it is a little warm for them down there.  So, I thought these socks would be a good compromise, and they are!  She loves them.

Be forewarned, my fellow knitters: this pattern is a doozy!  It's more of a formula than a pattern and it requires a little math and a lot of careful attention to detail.  The cool thing about this is that you can make the socks out of any weight yarn with any needles that you like, which I dig.  Getting through the complicated mathy parts wasn't so bad, but I did have a heck of a time with the prescribed method for the short-row heel.  It has you double wrapping the stitches which was really awkward for me and it looks pretty messy.  Next time I'm just going to do it my own way.


yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Gypsy
Fingering Weight
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
dye lot 9597
Machine Washable/Tumble Dry Low
$9.99 per 100 g /462 yd skein

project details 
pattern: Footie Socks by Miriam L. Felton ($6)
needles: size 1.5 bamboo dpns (2.5mm)
yarn used: 0.36 skeins = 166 yards
finished size: 8'' long, heel to cuff is 4''
duration: April 29 - October 19, 2014

Labels: , ,