FO: Turmeric Socks

Last Fall I was looking for a cool new sock pattern and someone on Twitter recommended this one, Turmeric Socks, by verybusymonkey.  I took one look at them and knew I had to knit them.  I love the way the pattern tapers into a V on the top of the foot!  So cute!  The cables pattern is very interesting and not too difficult, though I did have to use a row counter to stay on track.

If this yarn looks familiar, it's because I accidentally bought two skeins of it way back when, so I now have two pairs of socks in exactly the same color.  Whatever works!



yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Gypsy 
Fingering Weight 
75% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Nylon 
dye lot 9597 
Machine Washable/Tumble Dry Low 
$9.99 per 100 g /462 yd skein

project details
pattern: "Turmeric Socks" by verybusymonkey, available for download on Ravelry for $4.50
needles: size 1.5 bamboo dpns (2.5mm)
gauge: ??
yarn used: 0.63 skeins = 291 yards
finished size: Foot: just shy of 8”;  Top of cuff to bottom of heel flap: 8.5”;  Foot circumference: apprx 7”
duration: October 8, 2013 - April 7, 2014

Labels: ,