Confession: I am a total Craftsy addict. I am enrolled in 73 classes (and counting!) and it is my absolute favorite way to learn new skills! If you don't know anything about Craftsy, here's the deal: they have tons of online classes in all sorts of subjects, including knitting and crochet, of course! Once you enroll in the class, you have lifetime access to the video lessons and.... here's the best part.... the class is interactive so you can ask the instructors questions, talk to other students, and upload pictures of the stuff you make. Neat!
It is way too hard to pick a favorite Craftsy class... but here are a few that I have really enjoyed that you might want to check out:
- Improve Your Knitting with Patty Lyons
- Knit Original Toe-Up Socks with Donna Drachunas
- Adventures in Double Knitting with Alasdair Post-Quinn
- Short Rows with Carol Feller (a FREE mini class that is absolutely awesome!)
- Amigurumi: Design Your Own Monster with Stacey Trock
- Shuttle Tatting with Marilee Rockley
- Design It, Stitch It: Hand Embroidery with Jessica Marquez
One more awesome thing about Craftsy: the classes are guaranteed, which means that if you don't like it, you can get your money back within 30 days. I've done it and there was no hassle or anything, I just said I didn't like the class and they sent me the refund. Easy-peasy.
So... now that you are all excited about Craftsy, it may interest you to know that they are having a huge flash sale right now! It's sort of a unique sale: when you purchase a class during the flash sale, you will unlock a second set of classes on sale. After your purchase, you will receive a email with a link "unlocking" the next set of classes. The sale ends tomorrow, November 9th, 2014 at 11:59 PM MT, so strike while the iron is hot.