Maybe Monday: Mayapple Shawl

Welcome to another edition of Maybe Monday!  Today I'm lusting after Dee O'Keefe's Mayapple Shawl.  Isn't it gorgeous??

{Mayapple Shawl by Dee O'Keefe}

Isn't it great?  I even love the yellow color, though I probably wouldn't go that direction just because it's not super practical.  I've been meaning to knit myself a really gorgeous shawl and I think this may be the pattern I go with!  It looks a little complicated, but I signed up for Laura Nelkin's Mastering Lace Shawls class on Craftsy, so hopefully that will give me the skills I need to make this shawl.

Here's another great pic, just cuz.

{Mayapple Shawl by Dee O'Keefe}

So....  Will I knit it or will I leave it lingering in my Ravelry queue for all eternity?

Reasons Why I Might Knit It: Like I said, I've been meaning to make myself a really gorgeous shawl - something that will really showcase my knitting skills and that I can be proud to wear anywhere.  This fits that bill.  It looks challenging, but not too challenging as long as I embrace the concept of using lots of lifelines while I knit.

Reasons Why I Might Pass On It: When I picture my dream lace shawl, it is made out of lace weight yarn, not fingering like this one, so that might ultimately dissuade me from selecting this pattern.  Other than that, I can't think of anything else I dislike about this pattern.

Labels: , ,