FO: Hannah the Slug

Hooray!  It's time for me to share another adorable project from the freshstitches kit club!  Check out my cute pink slug!  Isn't she darling?  Stacey went to a lot of trouble to pick out a ton of different color schemes and everyone in the club got to make a slug in their favorite color.  Fun!  The yarn was a special kind of embroidery wool that could be split into multiple plys.  And for a special gift, we got a cute snail tape measure so our little slugs would have a friend.


I split all five shades of my yarn into plys and mixed them up for an awesome subtly striped marled effect.  I love the way it turned out!  I split each shade into 3 plys, then I twisted three different color plys together, crocheted two rows, then took out two of the plys and added back in two different color plys, but kept one color consistent, then I did two rows, then switched out two again (this time, switching out the color I left in before), and so on.  It created a very subtle striping that I think is awesome.


yarn details
Brown Sheep Waverly Wool in assorted colors
Bulky Weight
100% Wool

findings
polyfill stuffing
12mm safety eyes

project details
pattern: "Hannah the Slug" by Stacey Trock, available for purchase on Ravelry for $4.
finished size:  about 5.5'' long
hook: J (6.0mm)
gauge: 4 rounds=2.25''
yarn used: five 8-yard skeins in the pink colors and a little over one 8-yard skein of the white for the eyes
duration: July 20 - August 9, 2014

notes


Labels: , , , , , ,