Hue Shift Afghan: The Neverending WIP

In case you are wondering why I haven't been posting a whole lot of FOs lately, it's because the vast majority of my knitting time the past several months has been devoted to one massive WIP: the Hue Shift Afghan.  The afghan is of a modular construction - it is knit one square at a time - and is composed of four large panels, each with 25 squares each.  Then all four panels will be sewn together and I will pick up the edge stitches and knit a border around the whole thing.  I have finished the first panel and I am almost finished with the second panel (5.5 squares to go).

FIRST PANEL (finished)

SECOND PANEL (almost finished!)

As you can probably see, the whole thing is just garter stitch with a decrease in the center of every other row, so it is extremely simple knitting.  Very zen.  I am, however, getting a little restless with it, so I think I'm going to try to focus more on some more complicated sock projects soon and not work so obsessively on this afghan.  (Though, I want to have it finished by winter, so I need to still work on it fairly seriously).

Labels: