FO: Sam the Koala II

I love showing my coworkers all the cute stuff that I make and my amigurumi are especially popular.  I showed a picture of my purple Sam the Koala to one of my coworkers and she asked me to make one for her....  not for her to keep, but for her to give to a friend's baby....  because her friend hates koala bears.  Well, I couldn't pass up on being part of such a spiteful gift opportunity, so I got to work right away!


I asked my coworker what her friend's least favorite color was, but unfortunately, she didn't know, so I decided to just make it a classic grey koala.  I think he turned out super cute...  even someone who hates koalas has to smile at this guy!



yarn details
Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather (body)
Worsted Weight
100% Acrylic
170 g / 315 yds @ $3-ish?

Knit Picks Brava in Asphalt Heather (nose)
Worsted Weight
100% Acrylic
Dye Lot 8829
100 g / 218 yds @ $2.99 each

findings
polyfill stuffing
white felt

project details
pattern: "Sam the Koala" by Stacey Trock, $4, available here or on Ravelry
finished size: forgot to measure...  probably about 6'' tall
hook: J (6.0 mm)
gauge: ??
yarn used: ?? (pattern calls for 90 yards of main color and 5 yards of nose color... that sounds about right)
duration: March 8-24, 2014

notes...
And look!  I earned a stamp in my freshstitches passport for crocheting baby-safe eyes!


Labels: , , , , , ,