FO: Sam the Koala

It was love at first sight with me and Sam the Koala.  I bought the pattern the morning it was released and couldn't wait to get started creating one of my very own.  I had my first opportunity to make one when I signed up for the freshstitches Secret Springtime Spectacular Swap and I knew I just had to make one of these cuties in purple, my swapmate's favorite color.


My swapmate is a pharmacist, so this koala bear even has his own little labcoat!


yarn details
Berroco Comfort in Raspberry Sorbet (9728) 
Worsted Weight 
50% super fine nylon, 50% super fine acrylic 
Machine wash on gentle cycle in warm water. No bleach. Tumble dry on low heat. Do not over dry. Do not iron.
100 g /210 yd @ $7.00 per ball


Knit Picks Brava in Eggplant 
worsted weight 
100% acrylic 
machine wash/tumble dry low 
100 grams/218 yds @ $2.99 each

findings
polyfill stuffing
12mm black plastic safety eyes
white felt

project details
pattern: "Sam the Koala" by Stacey Trock, $4, available here or on Ravelry
finished size: about 5.5'' tall
hook: H (5.0 mm)
gauge: ??
yarn used: ??  (pattern calls for 90 yards of main color and 5 yards of nose color... that sounds about right)
duration: March 8-24, 2014

In case you're interested, here is everything else that went into the swap package:

And I earned a stamp in my freshstitches passport for embellishing with felt!

Labels: , , , , ,