FO: Russ the Chick in an Egg

Last month I received my very first installment of the freshstitches kit club!  Stacey assembles these darling kits once every other month and sends them to you with the yarn, pattern, and anything special you will need to create one of her cute creations!  The pattern you get in the kit club is exclusive to the club, so it's either a fresh pattern or a modification of one of her existing patterns, so this month it was one of her regular patterns but we felted it!!  Yay!  There is a special thread in the freshstitches Ravelry group for the kit club so it's kind of like a mini CAL.  The only catch is that you have to keep the pattern a secret for about a month after you get the kit (so you don't ruin the surprise for people who haven't received theirs yet).  So...  I've been holding my tongue, but I can finally talk about what I made!

Just in time for Easter, it's a felted Russ, the Chick in an Egg.  Russ turns inside out so he is either a chick or an egg... however, I felted mine pretty thickly so he doesn't turn inside out very easily, so I'm just going to leave him as a chick.  This is the first time I have ever felted crochet and it doesn't get as smooth as knitting does.  I wanted it to be as smooth as possible though, so I ran it through the wash and dryer three times!  lol.  I finally got the look I was going for:


Here is Russ in his (slightly lumpy) egg:


And here he is posing with his stamp in my freshstitches passport!


And now the details...

yarn details
worsted weight 100% wool yarn that came in the kit

findings
a tiny bit of stuffing and sew-on craft eyes

pattern details
pattern: Russ the Chick in an Egg by Stacey Trock... with super secret modifications from the Spring 2014 Kit Club #4
finished size: 4.5 inches tall
hook: J (6mm)
duration: March 24-April 6, 2014

Labels: , , , , ,