FO: Yoga Monkeys

My amazing cousin Kristin recently opened her own yoga studio (something which, incidentally, has always been an idle dream of mine...)  Anyway, since I have had so much time on my hands lately she suggested that I could make some yoga socks to sell in the boutique in the studio.  Well, it turns out that I didn't have quite that much time on my hands, but I did make a special pair for Kristin herself:


Super cute, huh?  I bought this yarn on clearance several years ago and have been waiting for a good project for it.  It's 55% nylon and 45% acrylic so I've always sort of avoided using it for regular socks since I prefer a warmer wool blend.  But, you don't really want wool in a pair of socks that you are going to be working out in, so, huzzah!, the acrylic yarn was perfect! (And it appears that Kristin owns an awesome pair of peacock pants that match the socks perfectly!)

yarn details
Cascade Cherub Collection 4 Ply in Jade
dye lot 2336
55% Nylon, 45% Acrylic
Machine Wash/Tumble Dry Low
50 g / 240 yds purchased on sale @ $1.99 per ball

project details
pattern: "Yoga Monkeys" by BacoKnitter Designs, available as a free Ravelry download.
needles: size 2 bamboo dpns
gauge: nope
yarn used:  0.76 skeins, apprx 183 yards
finished size: forgot to measure before I gifted these... oops!
duration: October 23 - December 5, 2013

notes

Labels: , ,