FO: Leaf Beret

Does anyone else really miss Knit.1 magazine??  I do!  This beret is from the Spring/Summer 2009 issue, which was a totally awesome issue, by the way.  I've been meaning to knit it for several years, but I finally got around to it this fall.  I love the yarn I chose, it is so soft and shiny!



Here is a not-as-cute pic of me, but a nice look at the leaf panel on the hat:



yarn details
Knit Picks Galileo in Luster
dye lot 9979
sport weight
50% Merino, 50% Bamboo
hand wash, dry flat
131 yds / 50 g @ $4.99 per ball

project details
pattern: "Leaf Beret" by Melissa LaBarre in Knit.1 magazine, Spring/Summer 2009 (you can also download it from the Vogue Knitting store for $6)
needles: size 4 nickle-plated circs (magic loop style)
gauge: 23st and 36 rows over 4'' in stockinette (after blocking)
yarn used: 1.3 balls, about 170 yards
finished size: band size: about 22''; height: 7'' (after blocking)
duration: September 14 - September 22, 2013

notes

Labels: , ,