New Project: Turmeric Socks

I love, love, love the new socks I cast on this week!!  The pattern is called Turmeric and it was recommended to me by another knitter via twitter.  It is a slightly complicated 20-round-repeat lace pattern with a bit of cabling, so it's one of those projects that I have to pay attention to when I knit. I can manage to work on it while I'm watching Buffy reruns, but not anything I need to actually focus on to follow the plot.  Yesterday I actually just turned on Pandora and cruised through 10 rows much faster than I do when watching TV, so I might just do that from now on.


Recognize the yarn?  I accidentally ordered two skeins of this back when I bought it to make my Classy Slip Up Socks.  But, it turned out to be a happy accident because I love this color and I think it looks great with this stitch pattern.  So what if I have two pairs of socks in the same color!?

The only thing I don't love about this pattern is that the author put the lace charts on one page and the key to the charts on another page.  I like to have the key on the same page as the chart, so I did a little rearranging of the pattern pages in Photoshop and got it the way I like it.  No harm done.

Labels: