Maybe Monday: Cabled Arm Warmers

I think I totally neglected to mention that I got some really great undyed wool yarn from Shelburne Farms in Vermont when I went there for the wine and cheese festival this summer.  When I first saw it, I thought "hat", but then I thought, no - arm warmers!  So I picked up two skeins.

I decided to look up a pattern today and I have to take a minute to gush about how much I love Ravely.  I just did a search of all patterns and filtered by knitting, fingerless gloves, worsted weight yarn, and cables and it came up with nine pages of patterns for me to choose from.  Can you believe how easy that was??



I picked out four of my faves... can't decide which to knit!

1. Vancouver Fog  2. Kare Knits' Cable Twist Arm/Wrist Warmers  3.  Fire and Ice Fingerless Mitts  4.  Diamond Cable Arm Warmers

I like the length of #2, but I think the cable pattern could get a bit boring; on the other hand, the cable pattern on #3 looks very exciting, but might be too difficult → frustrating → no fun to knit.  Same possibly with #1.  Number 4 might be a happy medium??

I put this to vote on my facebook page and so far #3 is winning.  Perhaps I will have to take on a challenge to appease my friends.  What do you think?

Labels: , ,