FO: Business Casual Socks

My sweet Aunt Carol is always so nice to let me stay with her when I go home to Utah and she is an amazing host, so the last time I was there I casually inquired about her shoe size and I set out to make her a pair of socks!  I spent quite a while searching for the perfect pattern to knit for her - I didn't want anything too frilly and lacey, but I didn't want anything too boring either.... then I found Business Casual - it is a simple sock with a great cabled argyle-ish pattern.  I knew my aunt would love it!



The yarn is Knit Pick's Stroll Tonal, and, I have to say, this is quickly becoming my favorite go-to sock yarn.  I'm not a fan of variegated yarns, but solids can sometimes get boring.  This yarn is a perfect in-between for me.

yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Thunderbird Tonal
dye lot 35709
75% Merino Wool, 25% Nylon
Machine Wash Gentle Cycle / Tumble Dry Low
100 g / 462 yds @ $10.99 per hank

project details
pattern: "Business Casual" by Tanis Lavallee, free pattern available here.
needles: size 2 bamboo dpns
gauge: 25.5 stitches and 33 rows over 3'' in stockinette
yarn used: 0.56 skeins (258.7 yards)
size knit: small
finished size: top of cuff to bottom of heel - 8''; back of heel to end of toe - 7.75''; foot circumference - 7''.
duration: June 22 2013 - September 20, 2013

Labels: , , ,