Sock Problems

I bought some beautiful Noro Kureyon sock yarn a while back in hopes of making socks similar to these:

{Spring Socks by Eveli Kaur}

But, instead of using this pattern, I figured I'd practice the skills I am learning in my designing toe-up socks course on Craftsy and design my own pattern.  Anyway, I got started on the socks yesterday and so far I'm NOT loving them.  Not only is the striping not going the way I hoped it would, but the yarn is not my cup of tea either.  It's kind of scratchy and the thick-and-thin texture is annoying me as well.  It's also kind of weak and breaks easily.  (I don't know why everyone is so in love with this yarn?)

So, I'm trying to decide if I should keep going or quit now.  I think I'll try to keep going for at least a few more stripes to make sure I don't like it....  but I have a feeling that I'm just going to be wasting my time.

Labels: