FO: Nine to Five Socks

I bought this yarn on a whim because I can't resist shiny things, but when it arrived, I realized I had no idea what to knit with it.  Then, as soon as I saw these socks on Ravelry I fell in love with them and I thought they would be perfect for my sparkly yarn.  I love the results!


This pattern is great. The stitch pattern takes a little time to get the hang of, but after a few inches into the sock, it becomes more comfortable and is pretty easy to memorize.  One of my favorite things about this sock is that the designer made one of the decorative ribs extend down along the sides of the heel flap and I think it looks gorgeous!  This isn't a difficult concept, but for some reason, I had a lot of trouble with this part, but I followed along with the pattern closely and used a row counter and all turned out well.


yarn details
Knit Picks Stroll Glimmer in Foxglove
dye lot 29347
70% merino, 25% nylon (polyamide), 5% metallic
machine wash gentle, tumble dry low
50 g / 231 yds @ $5.79 per ball

project details
pattern: Nine to Five Socks by Nicole Hindes, pattern available as a free Ravelry download.
needles: size 1 bamboo dpns
gauge: 19 stitches over 2'' in stockinette stitch
yarn used: 1.52 skeins (351 yards)
size knit: ladies medium (the only size)
finished size: heel to toe is 8''; top of cuff to bottom of heel flap is 8.5''
duration:  January 12 - July 31, 2013

Labels: ,