(Long) Weekend Update

What a delightful long holiday weekend this was!  I had both Thursday and Friday off work, so it was a pretty sweet opportunity to get lots of knitting done... and I did!

I watched several lessons in my Craftsy toe-up socks course and I'm learning a lot through that.  I've also been swatching some sock yarns while I watch parts of it so I can design my own socks when I'm finished with the course.  In particular, I'd like to make a super simple pair with my Noro Kureyon sock yarn - just stockinette stitch, but I want to break the ball into two smaller balls and use them to make thin stripes on the socks... similar to this.

I also worked on my business casual socks and I'm proud to say that I am mastering that cable needle.  I finished the gusset, so I just need to knit the foot and toe, then on to the next sock!  I also worked on the shawl for my mystery knit along.  I'll write more about that later.....

Labels: , ,