Duvino Progress

I'm about a quarter of the way through my double-knit Duvino headband that I'm making as part of my Craftsy class, Adventures in Double Knitting with Alasdair Post-Quinn.  Check it out:


I'm using a Knit Picks yarn, Gloss DK, and I totally LOVE it!  It is super soft and luxurious feeling.  The colors are really pretty too, no?  I picked the coral color and Knit Picks suggested the purpley-black color to go with it.  I think they make a really nice pair.

As far as the double-knitting goes, I think I'm doing pretty well.  I've only made a few mistakes and I have been able to go back and fix them with almost no visible evidence of the error, so I'm proud of myself there. (Alasdair says the best way to fix mistakes in double-knitting is just not to make them... and 'aint that the truth!?!)

The only thing I think I'm struggling with in the double-knitting is maintaining an even tension on the reverse-side.  It's not really noticeable when you look at it, but I know in my heart that I'm not tensioning the yarn properly when I go in to make those purl stitches.  I think that's something that is only going to come with lots of practice.  I also think it would be a lot easier to keep an even tension if I was a picker instead of a thrower, but there's not much I can do about that at this point since I'm not going to try to learn two new skills at once!  lol.

I've been keeping this project upstairs in my office next to my computer instead of downstairs by the tv where I keep most of my knitting.  I've been doing one or two repeats each morning or evening while I sit at the computer and it's been really nice to squeeze in some knitting before work every day!  Also, it's moving along faster this way and I'd like to finish this up this month because I am going to need these needles for my July KAL!

Labels: , , ,