Happy Birthday to Me!

Yay!  Today is my birthday.  (The Big 3-0... sort of depressed about this....)  Anyway, I bought myself a little gift to celebrate: my very own niddy noddy!  Cool, huh?  No more winding a skein on the back two chairs for Pepper!  Nope!  I'm gonna do it the civilized way from now on!

In related news, I also bought a bunch of new yarn!  Mostly acrylics for some stuffies I have planned, but I got a few "nice" balls too.  I bought some lovely Gloss DK yarn for the headband I am making as part of my Craftsy class on double knitting.  I also got more sock yarn... but I honestly needed it!!  I want to knit a nice pair of socks for my dear Aunt Carol and nothing I have in my stash was quite right for her.  I picked out a lovely grey tonal color and it's going to be perfect.  Now I just need to pick a pattern!

In further related news, I believe I failed to report on this blog that I took up spindling back in February.  I'm not very good at it, nor am I quite sure that I even like doing it.  It's still up in the air whether this will become a legitimate hobby of mine.  Nevertheless, this is the primary reason I purchased a niddy noddy.... I promise to report more news on this front in the near future.

Labels: