(Long) Weekend Update

Hooray for President's Day weekend!  I got tons of knitting done, as well as lots of Buffy-watching and my first foray into Downton Abby (and I can totally see how so many people are addicted to that show!)  But, back to the knitting report....

I am very proud of the progress I have made on the smokinskip scarf!  Though, I still don't think I'm going to finish it before scarf-wearing weather is gone :(  The picture below is slightly out of date, because yesterday I managed to finish the second s and half of the second k.  Just 2.5 letters to go!

I also got some crocheting done.  I saw this pin on pinterest about how to crochet a rose and I thought that would be the perfect adornment to the wine tote I recently finished crocheting.  I'll do an FO post soon, but here is a sneak peak of the rose:


Finally, as promised, I practiced continental-style knitting!  I did it for about half an hour on Saturday, then probably 15 minutes on Sunday and Monday.  I definitely think I have the knit stitch down, it's the purl stitch that is driving me mad.  I can do it, but it is slow-going and it just feels sloppy.  Also, I have virtually no tension in my purl stitches, which is problematic.  I guess all I can do is to keep practicing!  I think it will be a long time before I get my tension even enough that I can actually make a project continental-style, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Labels: , , ,