FO: Vera the Ladybug

My sweet little niece Kadyn loves ladybugs and her birthday was coming up so I decided to crochet her this little lady!  Her name is Vera and she is one of the amigurumis designed by my favorite crocheter, Stacey Trock.  Stacey sells kits on her website where you can buy the pattern, yarn, and eyes for lots of her little creatures, so that's where I got started with this one.  It's really a good deal, I recommend looking into it if you want to make a little critter but don't have enough scrap yarn laying around in the right colors.  (Incidentally, I completely overestimated how much yarn this project required and I probably did have enough scrap yarn in my stash to make it without the kit, but....  hindsight is 20/20).

And now, without further ado, here is Vera:

yarn details
black, red, and white yarn from kit
worsted weight
100% wool

findings
12mm black safety eyes

project details
pattern: "Vera the Ladybug" by Stacey Trock (available for purchase here)
hook: size h
yarn used: Stacey says it is 50 yards of black, 25 yards of red, and 10 yards of white.. I didn't measure myself, so we'll have to trust her.
finished size: 3.5 inches long and 3.25 inches tall (including the antennae)
duration: January 31 - February 3, 2013


notes

Labels: , , , ,