The Wine Tote (from hell)

You may recall that I started crocheting a wine tote last October.  What ever happened to that?  The thing is,  it sucks, so I've been avoiding it.  I'm good at that.  How does it suck?  Let me count the ways....

1.  I think I was drinking too much wine while working on it because there is this weird bulge near the bottom of it.  Like, I added in extra stitches, then got rid of them a few rows later?  (Though, I don't recall doing that....)  I don't know.  I should have frogged the thing as soon as I noticed the bulge, but I didn't.  I tried to take a picture of it for you....

2.  After I was about 50% through with this, the pattern designer sent me an email where she was like "oops!  I said to make X stitch through the whole thing, but I really meant Y stitch."  So, that's why it's not looking like the picture....  And I should have frogged it at that point....  but I didn't.

3.  It's kind of boring to work on.

Anyway, I don't know what the fate of this wine tote shall be, I may finish it, I may frog it, but I do have some exciting news...  remember how I said I wanted to write my own knitting pattern this year?  Well, I'm going to create my own knitted wine tote (that doesn't suck).  Cool, huh?  I'm not sure where to begin - do I knit first and write down what I did later or do I do mathy stuff first, write it down, then knit it up?  It's such a simple concept, I could probably just do either and it would be hard to mess up a cylinder, right?  I guess we will find out soon!

Labels: , ,