DIY DPN holders!

Guess who has been playing with her sewing machine?  This girl!

I saw a cool idea on pinterest to make your own DPN holders by sewing some fabric on the ends of a piece of wide elastic and I couldn't resist giving it a try.  So.... voila!  Here is my very own DIY sock needle holder:



And here is a pic of it in action.  My needles aren't going to fall out of these socks-in-progress no matter how much it gets shuffled around in my project bag!


How did I make them?  It was easy-peasy.  I cut a piece of 1.5'' elastic the same size as my sock needle, then I make a little 1.5'' pocket out of some scrap fabric, stuck the pocket over the top of the elastic and sewed it into place.  I hope that makes sense...  I guess should have taken step-by-step pictures for you.

I'm sure I'll make them again, so I'll do a more in-depth tutorial if anyone is interested.

p.s.  I also made this cute bag!


Labels: ,