FO: Fluffy Little Sheep

I just love knitting little critters and this fluffy little sheep is no exception!  I saw him on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I knew immediately that I had to make him mine!  I've never knit a loopy stitch before and it was super fun.  I recommend all knitters make one of these little guys for themselves, pronto.


The hardest part about this project was waiting for the yarn to arrive so I could get started!  I looked at a few projects on Ravelry - some that used roving yarn and some that didn't - and I knew I wanted to use the roving yarn because it made such a nice fluffier looking sheep.  I just bought the pattern-recommended yarn, Martha Stewart roving wool, and I was pretty happy with it.  The only thing that bugged me is if you pull too hard on it, it will break, but I think that's probably true of most roving yarns, so I won't blame Martha.


And now the details:

yarn details
Lion Brand Martha Stewart Crafts Roving Wool in Snowdrift
dye lot 59040
100% Wool
50 g / 58 yds @ $5.49 per ball


Lion Brand Martha Stewart Crafts Roving Wool in Umbrella
dye lot 59124
100% Wool
50 g / 58 yds @ $5.49 per ball


project details
pattern: "Fluffy Little Sheep" by Lion Brand Yarn, free pattern available here.
needles: size 7 straight needles
gauge: are you kidding me??
yarn used: apprx 26 yards of white and 16 yards of black
finished size: a little bigger than my fist...  about 3 inches tall and wide, 4 inches long.
duration: knit in a few hours on December 23, 2012

notes

Labels: , , ,